Diabetes and Heart Health Self-Management
How do I access this service?
How can I register for Diabetes and Heart Health Education Classes?
- Speak to your Doctor or Nurse – they can refer you into the programme
- Contact Caroline Davies on 027 514 1482 or (07) 306 2331
Looking after yourself is one of the most important things you can do in your lifetime. By making some lifestyle changes you can improve your health and your wellbeing in general. The Diabetes and Heart Health Self-Management classes run at locations within the Eastern Bay of Plenty. They are FREE for both you and a support person to attend and are designed to provide information and education to improve your health and reduce your risk factors.
Learn all about:
- Understanding what causes diabetes and heart diseases
- Managing my condition
- Understanding my blood tests
- Changing my way of thinking to help me succeed
- Eating and drinking for a healthy life
- Benefits of physical activity
- Reaching a healthy weight
- Improving my cholesterol levels
- Keeping my blood pressure in check
- Controlling my blood sugars
- Benefits of quitting smoking
- Understanding medications
- Practical cooking tips
- How to shop healthier
Eastern Bay Primary Health Alliance
5 Louvain Street, Whakatāne 3120
P. (07) 306 2331
M. 027 514 1482
The classes were fun and interactive. I made new friends, we shared our stories which I found really valuable. I thought I knew a lot about my health but I learnt so much more.